FIWARE Contribution Requirements
This guide is describes the requirements to be fulfilled by any FIWARE Generic Enabler (GE) as well as the recommended practices for its development.
Summary of MUST Requirements
Every Generic Enabler must sign-up to the OpenSSF Best Practices Badge Program and display the badge.
Every Generic Enabler MUST comply with the Licensing and IPR Management requirements
Every Generic Enabler MUST comply with all requirements under General Requirements.
GitHub and GitHub Issue tracking MUST be used.
Accurate, current Documentation MUST be available on Read the Docs and as GitHub content.
The FIWARE Contribution requirements are divided into:
- License and IPR requirement which MUST be fulfilled
- General requirements, which MUST be fulfilled.
- Badging/CSS Requirements which MUST be fulfilled (displaying relevant badges),
- Development requirements, including MUST, SHOULD and MAY requirements,
- Docker requirements, including MUST, SHOULD and MAY requirements
All requirements from the FIWARE Foundation are marked ⓕ. CII Best Practice Requirements are marked ⓒ. A series of Appendices hold more details where necessary.